How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
In iOS 11 or later, and iPadOS, you can create a screen recording and capture sound on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Record your screen
- Go to Settings > Control Centre > Customise Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on and tap Microphone.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- Open Control Centre and tap . Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
Go to the Photos app and select your screen recording.
Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can’t record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time.
Learn how to take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.